Genesis Support Services provides supported housing for young people.
At Genesis Support Services we aim to empower and equip young people to live independently.
Aims & Objectives:
Genesis Support Services aim to work in partnership with young people, Local Authority services and other agencies to:
- Provide a high quality support service to young people
- Provide a safe environment for young people to learn the skills necessary for living independently
- Help young people make the transition to independence in a planned and supportive way
- To deliver non-judgemental support services demonstrating a commitment to exploring every possible option to ensure each young person makes the best use of the service.
Genesis Support Services employ a diverse staff group with a wide range of skills and experience of working with children and young people. All staff are fully referenced and are required to provide an enhanced DBS clearance.
All accommodation are maintained to a high standard comprising of modern cooking facilities. The kitchens are equipped with cooker, microwave, fridge freezer, kettle, toaster, sandwich maker and washer dryer. Bedrooms are fully furnished and young people are provided, with bed linen, towels, and a number of household items when they move in. All young people are provided with keys to their own room and exit doors. Young people will receive a resident’s handbook and a comprehensive induction within their first two days in placement.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Genesis Support Services promote a healthy lifestyle and as such young people are supported to register with a GP, Dentist and Optician within the first two weeks of their placement.
- All our houses meet current health and safety requirements
- A fire detection system is fitted; which is inspected and tested at regular intervals
- An electrical certificate is provided by an NICEIC registered electrician, confirming that all electrical wiring comply with current regulations
- All electrical appliances are either new or tested annually in line with current regulations
- A gas safety certificate is provided by a gas registered engineer, confirming all gas appliances comply with gas safety regulations
- All Project Support staff and residents receive a comprehensive induction to all Genesis Support Services Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- All Project Support staff go through a rigorous recruitment process, DBS clearance and must provide satisfactory employment references
Genesis Support Services, work with young people from a variety of backgrounds. We endeavour to respond to these differences and take them into account within all our policies, procedures and practices. We are committed to challenging all forms of discrimination and its destructive effects.